How to debug .NET dll(class library) hosted in IIS.

G

Hi All
Need urgent help...Let me explain the environment first
I have windows application in C# as my client application. That calls Activator.GetObject method to get an instance of remote component hosted in IIS. My dlls are stored in bin folder and exposed through a web.config file. But betwen my remote component and client application there exists another layer-Interface component. Basically i am using interfaces to expose my remote components. I am trying to debug my remote component but till now no success and lot of frustation
I know it is going through the component because it is executing succesfully. Now what i tried to do...
1. I know for sure that i have to attach the process under which my remote components are running(like we do in case of middleware VC components hosted in MTS) .Here i attached aspnet_wp.exe to the class library dll hosted in IIS through Debug-Processes-Attach. The moment i do this, it automatically goes into debug mode. OK
2. i opened my client application in debug mode and tried to step in - Not works
3. i opened my client application in debug mode and attached the file in class library (remote component) through Debug-Processes-Attach. Tried to step in - Shows code not available. - Not works
Actually i am from VC side and we used to debug components hosted in MTS by attaching dllhost.exe and ProcessID of the package to the debugging component. But how do we do this in .NET????? Please help. Thanx in advance

Ask a Question