How to auto wake and synchronise WLAN Applications in PPC2002 CF ?

Jules

Hello,

I have a PocketPC, with a WLAN network card. I really want to have my
PocketPC 2002 run and synchronise a WLAN based Application every
Morning at 6am. This would require an auto wake fucntion in a similar
way that Task Events auto wake the device. I would like to be able
to use the Compact Framework. In addition to running my bespoke .NET
Framework Applications automatically I need to run an Active Sync
Synchronisation.

I have seen CeRunAppAtTime API, but this is not available on a
PocketPC2002. Are there any alternatives for doing scheduled
Applications in the PocketPC2002 Compact Framework ?

Does anyone have any sample code for CeRunAppAtTime used from Compact
Framework P/Invoke ? The lpTime is expecing a system time structure
pointer, it is not clear how this relates to Compact Framework types.

How can .NET Compact Framework get into the Control Panel attributes,
in order to Enable/ Disable the WLAN Connections ?

Many Thanks for any help

Jules

Peter Foot [MVP]

CeRunAppAtTime is available on all versions of Pocket PC. It is implemented
in the OpenNETCF WinAPI library (www.opennetcf.org/winapi.asp), this handles
the conversions between the SystemTime struct and the .NET DateTime
structure. You can grab the source code and see how it works, or just drop
the binary in as a reference in your application.

Peter

Jules

Peter

I downloaded the WinAPI libraries, and got scheduled applications to
run in twenty minutes On a PocketPC 2002. Its really cool stuff [:)]

The only problem I have now is how to enable my IPAQ WLAN connection
(and disable after my Applications has run } Any suggestions on how to
get into and update the WLAN settings would be good ? ( But I guess
this is IPAQ specific [:(] )

Many Thanks so far.

Jules

Héctor M Obregón

try using ipaqutil.dll and ipaqutilwlan.dll

hector

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP