    fully secure it and i don't want any body to ready the table or querries etc
    structures i want to secure it stricly that nobody can get the idea ...

    thankx in advance

    Naveed Pathan, Dec 28, 2009

  2. Use a SQL-Server back-end for the data and require a long password (more
    than 15 characters). The longer the password, the more secure it is.
    --
    Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
    http://www.datastrat.com

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Dec 28, 2009

  3. that's ok but i don't know how to use sql server.
    is it possible to do sort of coding in vba

    thankx in advance

    Naveed Pathan, Dec 28, 2009
  4. Depending upon which version of Access you have and which database format
    you are using. There is only a password protecting an ACCDB/ACCDE, if you
    have an MDB, you can use User-Level Security (which isn't 100% secure, but
    works fairly well). Here's some information. Pay close attention to the
    security FAQ. Read it several times and work on copies until you are
    satisfied. If you are not careful, it will not be secure, or worse, you
    could lock yourself out.

    Security FAQ
    http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE

    Lynn Trapp's summarization:
    http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm

    KB articles:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe

    Joan Wild's articles:
    http://www.jmwild.com/security02.htm
    http://www.jmwild.com/security97.htm
    http://www.jmwild.com/SecureNoLogin.htm
    http://www.jmwild.com/Unsecure.htm

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Dec 28, 2009
  5. i couldn't find any thing there......
    though i am using microsoft office 2003

    Naveed Pathan, Dec 29, 2009
  6. Microsoft keeps changing URLs. Sometimes it's hard to keep up. Try this one:

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Dec 29, 2009