How much power to run presentation?

Ed

We just finished a presentation on Powerpoint XP, the
file size is 860Mb. Runs OK on the computer that created
it. Transfered to my computer, P4 3GHz, 1Mb RAM Raid 0
drives. It takes about 5 minutes to start the
presentation. Ultimately has to run from our laptop, a
1.7GHz Centrino with 512Mb. It sat for about 15 minutes
on "Starting slide show", when I gave up and ctl-alt-del,
it started the presentation.
Because it is going to be shown in a large projection
screen, the pictures are on high res, therefore the large
size of the file.
Any ideas that might help?
Thank you,
Ed

Glen Millar

Ed,

First, over scanning images will not help display them on a large screen.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HA011163551033.aspx

As for why it takes so long to open, do you have Norton running?

Norton Anti-Virus and Office
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00387.htm

Also:

Do this before using PowerPoint seriously
http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00034.htm

Hope that helps.

Glen Millar
Microsoft PPT MVP
http://www.powerpointworkbench.com/
Please tell us your ppt version, and get back to us here
Remove spaces from signature
Posted to news://msnews.microsoft.com