    --
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    http://people.tribe.net/hayesstw

    Steve Hayes, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Steve Hayes

    Ed Guest

    Hi, Steve. You might want to try these:

    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm

    Ed

    Ed, Nov 1, 2006
  3. Steve Hayes

    Steve Hayes Guest

    On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 14:35:28 -0700, "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi, Steve. You might want to try these:
    >
    >http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm
    >
    >http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm

    Thanks for that.

    Problem is, that when I select the text and remove the "Borders and shading"
    it simply moves that format back to the preceding paragraph.

    Steve Hayes, Nov 2, 2006
  4. Steve Hayes

    Ed Guest

    > Problem is, that when I select the text and remove the "Borders and
    > shading"
    > it simply moves that format back to the preceding paragraph.

    Did you select several paragraphs, including ones before your problem
    paragraph, and use the Ctrl+Q trick explained in
    >>http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm ??

    You might also have an issue covered in
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm

    HTH

    Ed, Nov 2, 2006
  5. If you had read the article carefully, you would have read:

    Note: If you've pressed Enter several times trying to get rid of the line,
    you will merely have applied the border formatting to all the paragraphs you
    added, as well as to the original one. This won't be obvious, because when
    several consecutive paragraphs have the same "border below" formatting
    applied to them, the border only appears below the last of them. So If you
    then remove the Border formatting from the paragraph that has the line below
    it, the line will move up one paragraph. The trick is to select all the
    affected paragraphs and either press Ctrl+Q or choose No Border.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 2, 2006