How do you set Excel 2007 to open files in a specific folder?

I know how to set Word 2007 to always go to a specific folder when clicking
on Open. However, I can not firgure out how this is done in Excel 2007.

If you frequently access a shared network folder, you can use the Map Network
Wizard to create a connection to that folder and to assign a drive letter
(for example, Y: or Z:) to the connection. After the connection is mapped,
you can quickly access the folder whenever you want to.
1. Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Open.
Keyboard shortcut To display the Open dialog box, press CTRL+O.
InfoPath, OneNote, Outlook, Project, Publisher, SharePoint Designer, or Visio
On the File menu, click Open.
Keyboard shortcut To display the Open dialog box, press CTRL+O.
2. Click Tools, and then click Map Network Drive.
3. In the Map Network Drive Wizard, in the Drive list, click the drive
letter that you want.
4. In the Folder list, browse to and select the folder that you want to
connect to.
To automatically connect to this network drive each time that you start
Microsoft Windows, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
5. Click Finish.

Shah Shailesh

Click Office Button>Excel Options>Save>Type you folder path in Default file
Location Textbox.

Regards,
Shailesh Shah
http://in.geocities.com/shahshaileshs/
(Free addins Office Menu-2003 for Office-2007)
If You Can't Excel with Talent, Triumph with Effort

"Opening to a specific folder" <Opening to a specific
news:[email protected]...