    Laurie Guest

    I'm typing a report and whenever I backspace it erases a letter and then
    erases letters in the word so that you are always behind a letter.Help!

    Laurie, Jun 14, 2009

  2. Laurie

    JoAnn Paules Guest

    Hit the Insert key one time.

    --
    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

    JoAnn Paules, Jun 14, 2009

  3. Backspacing is supposed to delete letters backward (Delete deletes forward).
    If you want to move backward through the text, use the Left Arrow key. Even
    disabling "Typing replaces selection" won't prevent Backspace from deleting
    backward; it will only prevent Backspace from deleting selected text.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jun 15, 2009