    want to proofread for spelling and grammer errors and I can not do so. If I
    open a new window/word doc everything is ok. I can't even copy parts of the
    letter to a new doc it says it marked to skip proofing. Help!

    Miriame49, Aug 6, 2008

  2. Miriame49

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Select the text. On the Review tab, click Set Language. In the dialog box,
    clear the "Do not check spelling or grammar" option. Click OK.

    Note that if "Do not check..." was applied via a style, you should modify
    the style to turn off the setting. In the Styles pane, right-click the style
    name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog
    box, click the Format button, and then click Language. Clear "Do not check
    spelling or grammar." Click OK to confirm the settings.

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Aug 6, 2008