    into one cell. How can I format this data, so that it will be a simple
    worksheet with more than one cell? i.e. Name, SSN, Home address should all be
    in different cells

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Erika

    After the fact you could use the Data>Text to Columns feature to parse the
    data.

    OR....

    Don't cut and paste from the Notepad.txt file.

    In Excel go to File>Open. Select the Notepad.txt file and OK.

    The Excel Text Import Wizard will open and you parse the data there.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jan 18, 2005

    Erika,

    Have you tried importing the file through the Data | Import External Data |
    Import Data... function? This function will allow you to import the data and
    separate the fields into different cells.

    Henry Falk

    Guest, Jan 18, 2005

    ryan.anderson887

    Joined:
    May 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    i have created an account with pcreview how do i import leads from notepad to excel

    ryan.anderson887, May 25, 2012