    Can anyone tell me how to get my other mails folders (of which there are
    about 20) over into my Outlook please?

    , Aug 15, 2008

  2. POP3 only supports the Inbox - you'll need to move everything to the inbox.
    If you have IMAP access, you'll have access to all folders.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:

    newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

    ""
    <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:...

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Aug 15, 2008

  3. N. Miller Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:08:16 -0700,
    @discussions.microsoft.com wrote:

    > I have been accessing my email by logging in to BT Yahoo mail on the BT
    > server, and now wish to use Outlook 2007. I have installed the software and
    > synchronised with the BT Yahoo mail, but only the inbox come across to
    > Outlook.
    > Can anyone tell me how to get my other mails folders (of which there are
    > about 20) over into my Outlook please?

    Yahoo! Mail servers only offer POP3 access. There is no synchronization of
    Yahoo! Mail folders. You may be able to do it with something like YPOPS!:

    http://ypopsemail.com/

    I've never tried it, myself. I just download the Inbox contents of my "at&t
    Yahoo! HSI" mailbox (using 'pop.att.yahoo.com:995', w/SSL), and filter from
    there. I am reasonably certain that BT Yahoo! is little different from AT&T
    Yahoo! in that regard.

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come

    N. Miller, Aug 16, 2008
  4. Ypops is POP3 access - no other folders can be synced with it. I don't know
    of any similar IMAP gateway that can bring down all the folders.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Aug 16, 2008
  5. N. Miller Guest

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:38:24 -0400, Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

    > Ypops is POP3 access - no other folders can be synced with it. I don't know
    > of any similar IMAP gateway that can bring down all the folders.

    YPOPS! uses HTTP to connect with the Yahoo! Mail server, as I recall. Been a
    while since I worked with it. I seem to recall that it can be configured to
    pull the contents of all of the folders; but it would consolidate all the
    email into the POP3 client Inbox.

    N. Miller, Aug 17, 2008
  6. It consolidates into the Inbox because it's a proxy server and creates a
    POP3 connection into Outlook.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Aug 17, 2008
  7. N. Miller Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:46:07 -0400, Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

    > It consolidates into the Inbox because it's a proxy server and creates a
    > POP3 connection into Outlook.

    Exactly. The YPOPS! Internet facing interface is HTTP, and capable of
    reading all of the Yahoo! Mail folders, but the local interface is POP3, so
    only the client Inbox is delivered to.

    N. Miller, Aug 17, 2008
  8. fernpa Guest

    Don't know if you've managed to sort your problem but I wanted to do the same
    and have a partial workround.

    In BTYahoo mail (switch to Classic version if you're not already in it) go
    to 'Options' then 'Archive Messages'. Archive to your PC. All folders are
    copied into a zip file. Unzip the archive to a folder.

    In Windows Mail (don't know if this works with Outlook Express) create new
    folders to match those in your archived folders. (I made a BTYahoo directory
    and the new folders as subdirectories (including Inbox and Sent folders)).

    Drag and drop the .eml files from the folders in the archive into the
    corresponding folders in Windows Mail.

    In Windows Mail go to 'File' then 'Export...Messages'.

    (I think you may need Outlook open before proceeding much further.)

    Select 'Microsoft Exchange'

    Then choose to 'Select Folders' and select all the folders you wish to send
    to Outlook.

    Click OK and 'fingers crossed' all the folders should appear in Outlook. It
    worked for me anyway.

    I know that only the original Outlook inbox will sync with the server but at
    least you have a copy of all your folders on your PC.

    Hope this helps.

    Phil.

    fernpa, Nov 13, 2008