    counting!)
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    to email me remove the obvious!

    Gordon, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Gordon

    cds Guest

    TIA

    cds, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP\), Jan 19, 2005
  4. Try using Windows 2000 Server or Windows 2003 Server as a domain controller.
    XP Pro is a client OS.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 20, 2005
  5. cds wrote:
    > TIA

    To create a domain, you would need to start with a server operating
    system, such as WinNT 4.0 Server (may it rest in peace), Win2K Server,
    or Windows Server 2003.

    WinXP Pro, as a workstation operating system, is an excellent
    choice for a client OS to use on the domain's workstations. WinXP Home,
    however, is not designed to, nor can it truly be made to, join a WinNT,
    Win2K or Win2K3 domain.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Jan 20, 2005
  6. Gordon

    cds Guest

    Yeah - well thanks for the benefit of your wisdom! or maybe that is just
    reacting to someone who is condescending

    cds, Jan 20, 2005
  7. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    cds wrote:
    > Yeah - well thanks for the benefit of your wisdom! or maybe that is just
    > reacting to someone who is condescending

    Not at all - it's quite a technical business setting up a domain server
    - one that you won't easily manage by asking questions in a newsgroup.

    Gordon, Jan 20, 2005