    I do that in outlook ?

    Thanks

    Solomon Tesfaye

    Guest, Dec 15, 2005

  2. you can try using the option to send at a specific date - test it first
    because it works with some servers but not all. It's on the options button
    of a new message form.

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Dec 15, 2005

    Vanguard Guest

    "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > you can try using the option to send at a specific date - test it first
    > because it works with some servers but not all. It's on the options button
    > of a new message form.
    >
    > "Solomon" <> wrote in message
    >>I need to write a message with instructions for a job to be done tomorrow,
    >> hit send button, and make sure message is delivered tomorrow, not today.
    >> Can
    >> I do that in outlook ?

    I thought the delay only worked if you used Exchange as your mail server.
    If you are not using Exchange then you need to leave Outlook loaded so it is
    running at the time that you schedule the mail to get sent.

    Post replies to the newsgroup - Share with others.
    E-mail: Remove "NIX" and append "#LAH" to Subject.

    Vanguard, Dec 16, 2005
  4. Correct, Outlook needs to be up and running, but the option works for POP3
    mail better than Exchange - Exchange has a nasty habit of sending the mail
    immediately.

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    reading.

    After furious head scratching, Vanguard asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Dec 16, 2005

    Thank you Diane, Vangaurd, Milly,

    Yes, I use Exchange Server. But I searched for the feature in options. It
    doesn't appear to be there. I'm wondering if this feature is not available in
    older versions. I'm using Outlook 2000.

    Solomon

    Guest, Dec 16, 2005