How do I send a form and include the VBScript?

Reaction score
I have a form that I want to send to users and have them answer a few questions, then send it back to me. Sounds simple, huh.

When the user receives it, I would like them to answer the questions and click 'Reply' to send it back to me. This is what happens, but the form doesn't close - they have to close it manually, and it asks them if they want to save it. And although the reply works, there is no message or alert box that tells them that the message was sent.
So, question 1 - can I fix this?

Question 2 - I've tried fixing this with VBscript, and it works when I 'Run this form' during testing, but it doesn't work when the user receives it, in fact it doesn't run the VBscript at all.

Any clues?

Reaction score
It's alright everybody, you can stop researching now - I found the answer in another thread (2264179 'Custom outlook form with button in the inbox'). The trick is to turn off the "Send form definition with item" box on the (Properties) tab. This allows the published VBscript to run.
fyi, I have a small script that closes the form when the user hits reply -

Function Item_Reply(ByVal myResponse)
Set myOlApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set myItem = myOlApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
myItem.close(olDiscard)
End Function

Ask a Question