    where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally sent,
    but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer with
    no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

    Guest, Dec 11, 2005

    Hi,
    Look for the Outlook Express store folder.
    Tools
    Maintenance tap
    Store folder button
    Regards,
    --
    DAVE

    Guest, Dec 11, 2005

    Thanks! I found it and now I'm not sure what to do next. I have the
    following files:
    Drafts.dbx
    inbox.dbx
    microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.dsx
    outbox.dbx
    deleted items.dbx
    folders.dbx
    inbox.dbx
    offline.dbx
    pop3uidl.dbx
    sent items.dbx

    Also, how would I open the dbx file? Thanks again for your help!

    Mike

    Guest, Dec 11, 2005

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.

    Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
    family.

    Here is the link for the right forum
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...px?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

    Good Luck!

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    www.howto-outlook.com

    Tips of the month:
    -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows
    -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Dec 11, 2005

    Vanguard Guest

    "MandM" <> wrote in message
    >I was working on a Word document that someone sent me by email. I have
    > Outlook Express and saved the document and then closed Outlook. I now
    > can't
    > find the revised file and I have lost about 4 hours of work. Any ideas on
    > where I can find this file? I looked in the email that was originally
    > sent,
    > but it is still the old file. I have also done a seach on my computer
    > with
    > no luck. Help, I'm desperate!!! I have Word 2003 and Outlook Express 6.

    You have Outlook Express.
    You close Outlook.

    So WHICH e-mail client did you actually use? This newsgroup is for Outlook,
    not Outlook Express.

    Vanguard, Dec 11, 2005