How do I repair or reinstall IE6?

Ian R

Hi

I've read a few web pages referring to a repair option for IE6 via internet
tools in add/remove progs/windows components.

But I cant find either of these anywhere even with "show updates" selected.

PC is running XP HE SP2.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to do a repair or removal and reinstall of
IE6.

Thanks for your time and any info.

Ian

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Ian R said:
Hi

I've read a few web pages referring to a repair option for IE6 via
internet
tools in add/remove progs/windows components.

But I cant find either of these anywhere even with "show updates"
selected.

PC is running XP HE SP2.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to do a repair or removal and reinstall of
IE6.

Thanks for your time and any info.

Ian

Reinstalling or repairing IE rarely solves problems. What problem makes you
think that you need to do this?

L...

Frank, See ""live update"" above, July 12.
I've tried all suggestion and "maybe", just maybe repairing would fix.
Otherwise, I'm going to reformat HD and start all over.

L.

Ian R

...>

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

Hi Frank

Thanks for replying.

See my earlier post "IE6 takes ages to open" 11th July.

Oh dear do you think a full reinstall may be necessary?

Thanks

Ian

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Ian R said:
..>

Hi Frank

Thanks for replying.

See my earlier post "IE6 takes ages to open" 11th July.

Oh dear do you think a full reinstall may be necessary?

Thanks

Ian

Have you done a thorough malware check?

Help with Hijackware
All MS - MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
(http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm)
(http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm)
(http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html)
(http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

Ian R

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security,
deserve neither liberty or security"

Hi Frank

Yes we've done a spyware scan with PC Tools Spyware Doctor which removed all
items found and then used PC Tools
registry mechanic to clean up all the registry errors.

But still the problem with IE6 remains.

Ian

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

Yes we've done a spyware scan with PC Tools Spyware Doctor which removed
all items found and then used PC Tools
registry mechanic to clean up all the registry errors.

But still the problem with IE6 remains.

Ian

One anti-malware program rarely catches everything and cannot be called a
thorough cherck.