How do I put in more than 7 validations in IF FORMALA in EXCEL

I have an excel sheet wherein I have a column in which I need to put in 30
validations . But the IF function is with 7 validations max. How can I do a
IF function with 30 validations

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=IF(condition1,NumValue1,0)+IF(condition2,NumValue2,0)+...+IF(condition30,NumValue30,0)
=IF(condition1,TextValue1,"")&IF(condition2,TextValue2,"")&...&IF(condition30,NumValue30,0)
,or the same in shorter way (vor numeric responses only)
=(LogicalCondition1)*NumValue1+(LogicalCondition2)*NumValue2+...+(LogicalCondition30)*NumValue30

Or enter lookup table onto some sheet, and use VLOOKUP to get right value
(text or number) from there.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

"How do I put in more than 7 validations" <How do I put in more than 7
validations @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Mangesh Yadav

Use VLOOKUP instead. Check the help for vlookup.

Mangesh

"How do I put in more than 7 validations" <How do I put in more than 7
validations @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Bruno Campanini

"How do I put in more than 7 validations" <How do I put in more than 7
validations @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have an excel sheet wherein I have a column in which I need to put in 30
validations . But the IF function is with 7 validations max. How can I do
IF function with 30 validations

Reorganize your data... 30 validations is ridiculous!

Bruno