How do I print a 2 page document, front to back?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Sep 13, 2006.

    I have a 50 page document that I want to print back and front. How do I do
    this?

    Guest, Sep 13, 2006

    CyberTaz Guest

    To a great extent it depends on the capabilities of your printer. Do a
    Search in Word Help using the keyword 'duplex' (without the quotes).
    --
    HTH |:>)
    Bob Jones

    CyberTaz, Sep 13, 2006

    Cybertaz is right - if your printer prints 2-sided, then you need to specify
    this format in the printer properties. In the Print dialog box, click the
    Properties button and look for a "Print on Both Sides" or similar option.

    If your printer does not print double-sided, however, you can tell Word to
    print all Odd pages, then flip the pages over and have it print all Even
    pages. In the Print dialog box, change Print: <All pages in range> to Print:
    <Odd pages> / <Even pages>. Depending on how your printer spits out the
    pages, the stack of Odd pages may need to be re-ordered so that p. 2 prints
    on the back of p. 1, etc. (my printer at home spits them out face-up, so all
    I need to do is flip the stack over.)
    --
    GMc
    Phoenix

    Guest, Sep 13, 2006
  4. You shouldn't need to reorder the pages, though, as you can do the second
    run with "Reverse print order" selected in Print Options if necessary. Also,
    there is a "Manual duplex" setting in recent versions of Word that
    semi-automates this process (supposedly--a lot of users seem to have
    problems with it).

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)