    deletion.
    Thanks in advance
    Aldric

    Aldric, Jun 30, 2008

  2. Aldric

    Allen Browne Guest

    If all records are entered through forms (not directly on the
    tables/queries), you could set the forms' AllowEdits and AllowDeletions to
    No, leaving AllowAdditions as Yes to permit new records.

    Another option might be to track edits and deletions instead of blocking
    them. Details in:
    Audit Trail - Log changes at the record level
    at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppAudit.html

    In A2003 or earlier, it is possible to set up Access security to give users
    permisson to append and read, but not modify or delete. This solution is
    best reserved for special cases, especially now the new A2007 format does
    not support it.

    Allen Browne, Jun 30, 2008

  3. Aldric

    Aldric Guest

    Re: How do I prevent deletion or changing of a record in Access 20

    Thanks Allen - very helpful - your site is now on my bookmarks! :)

    Aldric, Jul 1, 2008