how do i plot data consisting of 1000 lines in excel sheet

hi all,
i need to plot a data which has about 1000 lines in excel xy scatter chart.
please help me

Andy Pope

Hi,

A chart can only have 255 series, is that what you mean by lines?
It can however have 32K data points.

What sort of help do you need exactly?

Cheers
Andy

James Silverton

Andy wrote on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:35:34 +0000:

AP> A chart can only have 255 series, is that what you mean by
AP> lines? It can however have 32K data points.

AP> What sort of help do you need exactly?

AP> Cheers
AP> Andy

AP> novice wrote:
??>> hi all,
??>> i need to plot a data which has about 1000 lines in excel
??>> xy scatter chart. please help me

I don't really know what the OP actually wants but I think some
thought as to the actual purpose of a graph is needed. What can
actually be served by plotting *all* of an immense number of
data points? I leave aside the fact that depicting more points
than the screen resolution is quite a trick! As I have mentioned
before, both entertainment and enlightenment can be gained by
reading Edward Tufte's books, especially "The Visual Display of
Quantitative Information" and "Envisioning Information".

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland.