How do I insert a Philippine peso sign in Word?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Sep 1, 2007.

    Guest, Sep 1, 2007

  2. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. Although the
    symbol is U+20B1, you won't find this symbol even in Arial Unicode MS.
    According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_peso), "Due
    to the lack of font support, the symbol is often substituted with a simple
    P, a P with one horizontal line instead of two (available as the peseta
    sign, U+20A7 (₧), in some fonts), PHP, or PhP."

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    "si_monette" <> wrote in message

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Sep 1, 2007

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Graham Mayor, Sep 1, 2007

    Don Ellis Guest

    You'll need a Unicode typeface that supports the Unicode 20B1
    character, which is rare. An alternative is the Unicode 20A7 character
    which is slightly more common.

    To see if your typeface has it, type 20B1 and then, without spacing,
    Alt-X. Then do the same with 20A7 and see if that works.

    I didn't get the 20B1 to work, but the 20A7 did (producing a Pts sort
    of thing) that often flipped to a different font than the one I was
    using -- producing something that was less than attractive.

    You may want to consider sticking with the ISO Code PHP or PhP.

    Don

    P.S. In both those codes, that's a zero after the 2, not a capital O.

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:00:01 -0700, si_monette

    Don Ellis, Sep 1, 2007