How do I go about setting up a New

G

Dear Authorities

I would like to create my own Newsgroup. I have participated and been impressed with Microsoft's Web-based Newsreader, of which I am writing to you within it now

Clicking the Help, states that "Web-based Newsreader is a viewer". Fine, that means its software. It's a very nice viewer. Where do I get this viewer? Is this part of Internet Explorer, or is a seperate product? If it is a serperate product, can I download it and integrate it into an ASP.Net web page? Reading under Microsoft Internet Explorer, and article entitled "Getting News from Newsgroups", the article states "Your Internet service provider (ISP) has a Usenet server it uses as a gateway to Usenet servers around the globe. Usenet is not centrally controlled or distributed, and each Usenet site, like your ISP, decides which newsgroups to carry." Does this viewer come then from "Usenet", Microsoft, or some other manufacturer?

W

Will Denny

Hi

You are impressed with the CDO interface? Create your own NG? Try www.microsoft.com - type in CDO - it is programmable.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

| Dear Authorities:
|
| I would like to create my own Newsgroup. I have participated and been impressed with Microsoft's Web-based Newsreader, of which I am writing to you within it now.
|
| Clicking the Help, states that "Web-based Newsreader is a viewer". Fine, that means its software. It's a very nice viewer. Where do I get this viewer? Is this part of Internet Explorer, or is a seperate product? If it is a serperate product, can I download it and integrate it into an ASP.Net web page? Reading under Microsoft Internet Explorer, and article entitled "Getting News from Newsgroups", the article states "Your Internet service provider (ISP) has a Usenet server it uses as a gateway to Usenet servers around the globe. Usenet is not centrally controlled or distributed, and each Usenet site, like your ISP, decides which newsgroups to carry." Does this viewer come then from "Usenet", Microsoft, or some other manufacturer?
|

Ask a Question