How do I get a check mark into an excel documents

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Misc' started by Guest, Sep 26, 2007.

    Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel documents?

    Guest, Sep 26, 2007

    Bob I Guest

    Insert ,Symbol, FONT=Wingdings 2, character 80,

    Bob I, Sep 26, 2007

  3. > Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel
    > documents?

    One way:

    - hold down the Alt key while typing the digits 0214 on the
    numeric keypad

    - select the character that showed up and change it to the Symbol font.

    MyVeryOwnSelf, Sep 26, 2007
  4. > Can anyone tell me how I can get a check mark to use in my excel
    > documents?

    For a different-looking check mark: type lower case a and change it to
    Marlett font.

    MyVeryOwnSelf, Sep 26, 2007

    Thank you very much.

    Guest, Sep 27, 2007

    Thank you very much. Neat check marks.

    Guest, Sep 27, 2007
  7. > Thank you very much. Neat check marks.

    My secret: it's handy to keep around a character map spreadsheet for
    finding different symbols; it's easier than searching the Windows
    "character map" dialog box.

    In A1:A255 put
    =ROW()
    and use the custom format:
    "Alt-"0000
    This tells what combination to key in.

    In B1:J255 put
    =CHAR(ROW())
    Change each column B:J to a different font; I have Arial Black, Marlett,
    Ismar, Webdings, Symbol, Wingdings, Wingdings 2, Wingdings 3, Mini Pics
    Digidings.

    I hide rows that aren't useful. Below 33, the only useful ones are likely
    09 tab
    10 line feed
    13 carriage return
    32 space