How do I format a template to type without the lines moving?

I am trying to format a template, such as a fax cover letter, where I can go
into it and type above the lines and the line won't move with each letter
that is typed. Can anyone help me??

Charles Kenyon

Look at the Fax templates that come with Word. They use tables for this. If
you want, you can freeze the size of the table cell so that it will not
expand to accomodate more text. You may want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Help formatting a template" <Help formatting a
news:[email protected]...