How do I fix this?

When I try to burn my movie to a cd I get a message saying "A recordable CD drive was not detected." I have a CD-RW/DVD player in my computer but for some reason it can't locate it. Is there any other way for me to burn the movie to a disk? or will I need to search online for different movie making software to accomplish this?

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529

If the above KB Article doesn't help. Please open notepad, copy and paste
the following text. (in between the "Start of File" and "End of File")

------------- Start of File ------------------------------

Option Explicit
On Error Resume Next

Dim WshShell, Message

WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11
CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\UpperFilters"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11
CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\LowerFilters"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K\"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k\"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf\"
WshShell.RegDelete
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr\"
Set WshShell = Nothing

Message = "Your CD/DVD-Rom drives should now appear in Windows Explorer." &
vbCR
Message = Message & "You may need to reboot your computer to see the
change."

MsgBox Message, 4096,"Finished!"

-------------- End of File -----------------------------------

Please save the file as "Fixcd.vbs" on your desktop. Double click the saved
file. A dialog box asks you to restart the system for the change to take
effect.

Hope this helps ...... :)

Ashok (Ashokan Achari)

The Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
-- When I try to burn my movie to a cd I get a message saying "A recordable
CD drive was not detected." I have a CD-RW/DVD player in my
--- computer but for some reason it can't locate it. Is there any other
way for me to burn the movie to a disk? or will I need to search online for
different
---- movie making software to accomplish this?

Ashokan Achari [MSFT]

Hi,

Yes... Please go ahead.

From: "John Kelly" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: How do I fix this?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:15:30 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

Hello there,

Thats the first peice of truly usefull info I have seen on here in quite
a while. May I copy this and include it on my website (with or without your
name as you wish)

Best Wishes.....John Kelly
www.the-kellys.org
www.the-kellys.co.uk