How do I fix Outlook Application Error referenced memory?

M

Myrt

I have Microsoft Office 2003, at times using Outlook the following message
appears:
Microsoft Outlook - Outlook.Exe
Application Error
The instruction at "0x35f844d8" referenced memory at "0x35d5a170". The
memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
Click on OK does terminate whatever but I wonder if I should do this forever
or fix problem?
Help - is something for a very knowledgable person or can I do it myself?

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Are you using AVG antivirus scanner on incoming email? If so, disable it.

(AVG blames a corrupt .NET installation but you don't need AVG scanning
email - it causes a lot more problems tan it fixes.)

S

Shane W

Hi Diane,

I followed your instructions as below, by turning off the incoming email
scan trigger within AVG. I also rebooted the system. However, I am still
getting the error as 'Myrt' wrote.

Do you have a further solution?

Cheers,

Reaction score
Solution proposal

Hello, I found a solution that works for me.

First empty de the "deleted" folder.

In outlook go to the menu FILE, Management of data file (where info about PST files are), Properties, click on the one you use, Parameters, then click on compress button.

Wait till it is completed.

Shutdown outlook, wait and restart.

This had resolve issue for me.

Reaction score
Microsoft outlook program errors

Your situation is quite similar to mine in which I receive a message that reads something like this, “A program error has occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again.”

That means various things: the program may need additional resources in order to run, it may be missing a vital file, your Outlook profile may be damaged, or the installation may be damaged.

Yeah, rebooting can temporarily solve this error if due to lack of system resources such as RAM, but if it still persists after reboot, it might involve some serious program errors such as damaged Outlook files, profiles, or installations.

If the problem has something to do with outlook profile, the approach for the fix will be creating a new profile, instructing it to use the .pst file which is the old one being used by the damage profile. To locate the path to the PST file, just read this guide on fixing Microsoft Outlook Program Errors. If the profile fix still doesn’t solve your Outlook program errors, the errors are likely originating in Outlook itself. If you'll continue reading the guide, it will teach you how to repair damaged and mission Outlook program files.

Ask a Question