    word and print them out to fit 3 X 5 cards. Would like to have several on a
    page so I am not printing out whole sheets of paper with only one item on it.
    HELP!! Thanks!

    SeaSun79, Feb 9, 2009

  2. SeaSun79

    Jay Freedman Guest

    SeaSun79 wrote:
    > I am typing up "Work History Cards" or an assignment for school.
    > Instead of hand writing each card, I would like to type them out.
    > How can I do that on word and print them out to fit 3 X 5 cards.
    > Would like to have several on a page so I am not printing out whole
    > sheets of paper with only one item on it. HELP!! Thanks!

    Word handles them as a type of label. Go to Tools > Letters & Mailings >
    Envelopes & Labels > Labels. Click the Options button. Choose "Laser and ink
    jet", "Avery standard", and "5388 - Index card", then click OK. Now click
    the New Document button to make a document containing a table with three
    cells, each 3" x 5" (if you don't see the edges of the cards, click Table >
    Show Gridlines). Save that document as a template (.dot file) with a name
    such as 3x5.dot, and make new documents from it when you need index cards.

    Tab from card to card. When you tab from the last card, Word will make a new
    one for you.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman