How do I export an Access 2000 report as a Adobe pdf using VBA?

I am curently using the OutputTo method to post reports on the Web in a .snp
format. Can anyone tell me how to do the same thing with a .pdf format. I am
currently using the following code:
DoCmd.OutputTo acReport, strReportName, "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)",
strPath, False, "", 0

Douglas J. Steele

OutputTo will not work with PDF.

One option is to get a print driver that will create PDFs (such as Adobe
Acrobat or PDF995 or CutePDF) and print your report to that driver.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP

(no e-mails, please!)

"Stumped in New Hampshire" <Stumped in New
news:[email protected]...

I had the same question and that what I got, th export as pdf, try it, it
worked for me.

Take a look at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/pdffiles.htm.
or
The snapshot format includes a viewer you can send with
your report the
first time (for those who don't have Access) There are
several free pdf
creators available too. Just google for: CutePDF or PDFCreator

There are several. You'll need GhostWriter and the print
driver. Have a look
at http://www.cutepdf.com for one of them. Others at:

http://www.pdf995.com/
http://www.primopdf.com/

Doug, do you have any code examples without using a 3rd Party tool? I am
trying to get my code that used to work under Access 2000 with Acrobat v5, to
now work with Acrobat v6 or v7? The "PDFWriter Printer" no longer exists,
and I am trying to find some code examples using straight VBA code to output
to PDF using Access 2000.

Douglas J. Steele

No version of Access have PDF capabilities built into it (although they will
be added in Access 12), therefore you have no choice but to use a 3rd party
tool.

Take a look at what Steve Arbaugh has at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/attac-cg/

Or, if you hold on a week or two, Stephen Lebans will be releasing a class
that'll be capable of generating PDF.