    point me in the right direction as to how I can accomplish this?

    Thanks!
    Jen

    Guest, May 10, 2005

    create form specific controls for each field
    then using the 'on enter event' force go to next field,
    at end of it all if u want all three fields as one, than concatenate them
    together into the table field
    --
    Regards

    Patrick Stubbin

    Guest, May 10, 2005

    Patrick,

    I have to admit - everything you said just went over my head! Would you
    mind giving me a step-by-step method for how to do what you just described?

    Thanks for your quick reply!

    Jen

    Guest, May 10, 2005

    create three fields on your form that are just unbound controls, not linked
    to any field in your table. place them wherever on the screen (form)

    field1

    field2

    field3

    have a 4th field which is linked to the address field in your table and its
    source is set to = field1 & ", " & field2 & ", " & field3
    ensure that [field1] has the initial focus of the form.
    ensure that auto tab is set in the order field1, field2, field3 (look at
    sorting and grouping).

    this will automatically go from field1 to field2 to field3 when u press
    enter (or tab).

    then type in the text in the field field1, press enter, tehn text in
    field2, press enter, then text in field3, press enter.

    --
    Regards

    Patrick Stubbin

    Guest, May 10, 2005

    John Vinson Guest

    On Mon, 9 May 2005 20:52:02 -0700, Jen <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am trying to create a text box that I can type in an address in the
    >following format:
    >
    >Address
    >City, State, Zip
    >
    >In essence, I want to be able to type the information for the first line,
    >then hit the enter key to type any additional lines. Can someone please
    >point me in the right direction as to how I can accomplish this?

    I'd strongly suggest keeping these fields separate. You may well want
    to sort your addresses by Zip (to get cheaper mailing rates), or
    search for all records in a particular city, or the like.

    It's very easy to create a Query concatenating these values for
    display purposes: for instance, in a Query you can type

    CSZ: [City] & ", " & [State] & " " & [Zip]

    to get "Parma, ID 83660" on your output.

    If you need a multiline textbox (hopefully for some other reason <g>),
    view the textbox's properties in form design view. Set its "Enter Key
    Behavior" property to "New line in field".

    John W. Vinson[MVP]

    John Vinson, May 10, 2005