    instructions to fix this, which involve removing the Outlook Address Book.
    But when I go into email accounts and try to do this, the 'Remove' icon is
    off. I have tried several times.

    robinht, Apr 25, 2009

  2. You did not post your Outlook version. If it is Outlook 2007, that version
    has a permanent bug which prevents removal of the address book service. You
    can only repair the address book service by creating a new profile from
    scratch.
    Why do you think you must do this? Have you enabled your Contacts Folder as
    a electronic address book? Have you browsed to that folder in the address
    book view dropdown?
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Apr 25, 2009