    Michael McCain
    Freelance Translator
    mccainlanguages.com

    Guest, Feb 28, 2005

    Klaus Linke Guest

    Hi Michael,

    If they're done with auto-numbering, you could just change the numbering style.
    If they're "hard" text, you can probably use the macro below to toggle between arabic and Devangari numbers:

    ' toggles between Devangari and arabic numbers;
    ' select numbers, then run the macro (for example using
    ' a keyboard shortcut)
    Dim myString As String
    myString = Selection.Text
    Dim myCode As Long
    Dim i As Long
    For i = 1 To Len(myString)
    myCode = AscW(Mid(myString, i, 1))
    Select Case myCode
    Case AscW("0") To AscW("9")
    Mid(myString, i, 1) = ChrW(&H936 + myCode)
    Case &H966 To &H96F
    Mid(myString, i, 1) = ChrW(myCode - &H936)
    Case Else
    ' do nothing
    End Select
    Next i
    Selection.Text = myString

    If you haven't used macros before, see http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

    Regards,
    Klaus

    Klaus Linke, Feb 28, 2005

  3. In a few quick tests, changing the numbering style in Word seems to work.
    Thanks for the feedback.

    Michael McCain
    Translator

    michael mccain via OfficeKB.com, Mar 16, 2005