    Cambria to Calibri.

    I can change the size of the font easy enough but not the face.

    So how to do this please?

    HenryAlive, Aug 12, 2009

  2. HenryAlive

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I believe the ability to change fonts in Word 2007's new equation editor is
    determined by the availability of math fonts, the chances being that you
    will only have Cambria Math available. If you have others they should be
    offered in the equation options which you can access by clicking the arrow
    in the bottom right corner of the Tools section of the Equation Design
    ribbon.

    An alternative would be to use the older Equation editor (Insert Object >
    Microsoft Equation 3). You *may* have to re-run Office setup to add that
    function.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Aug 12, 2009

  3. HenryAlive

    HenryAlive Guest

    "Graham Mayor" wrote:

    > I believe the ability to change fonts in Word 2007's new equation editor is
    > determined by the availability of math fonts, the chances being that you
    > will only have Cambria Math available. If you have others they should be
    > offered in the equation options which you can access by clicking the arrow
    > in the bottom right corner of the Tools section of the Equation Design
    > ribbon.
    >
    > An alternative would be to use the older Equation editor (Insert Object >
    > Microsoft Equation 3). You *may* have to re-run Office setup to add that
    > function.
    >
    > --
    > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    > Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    >
    > My web site www.gmayor.com
    > Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    > <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    >

    > HenryAlive wrote:
    > > I'm new to writing equations in Word. My default font is Calibri but
    > > when I use the equation insert capability I get the Cambria font. I
    > > want to change Cambria to Calibri.
    > >
    > > I can change the size of the font easy enough but not the face.
    > >
    > > So how to do this please?

    > Graham, many thanks for your good advice. I followwee the suggestion on your site and have posted a suggestion to Microsoft to fix the issue.

    For now I will work with Calibri as the general fone and use Cambria for the
    math. Cambria math in the equation format is not too different from Calibri
    and so the mix will have to do. Basically I don't have the time or the money
    to go chasing and experimenting on this. But the outcome it is not quite
    fully prpofessional is it? Regards, thanks again

    HenryAlive, Aug 12, 2009
  4. HenryAlive

    Yves Dhondt Guest

    "HenryAlive" <> wrote in message

    > "Graham Mayor" wrote:
    >
    >> I believe the ability to change fonts in Word 2007's new equation editor
    >> is
    >> determined by the availability of math fonts, the chances being that you
    >> will only have Cambria Math available. If you have others they should be
    >> offered in the equation options which you can access by clicking the
    >> arrow
    >> in the bottom right corner of the Tools section of the Equation Design
    >> ribbon.
    >>
    >> An alternative would be to use the older Equation editor (Insert Object >
    >> Microsoft Equation 3). You *may* have to re-run Office setup to add that
    >> function.
    >>
    >> --
    >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    >> Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    >>
    >> My web site www.gmayor.com
    >> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    >> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    >>

    >> HenryAlive wrote:
    >> > I'm new to writing equations in Word. My default font is Calibri but
    >> > when I use the equation insert capability I get the Cambria font. I
    >> > want to change Cambria to Calibri.
    >> >
    >> > I can change the size of the font easy enough but not the face.
    >> >
    >> > So how to do this please?

    >> Graham, many thanks for your good advice. I followwee the suggestion on
    >> your site and have posted a suggestion to Microsoft to fix the issue.

    > For now I will work with Calibri as the general fone and use Cambria for
    > the
    > math. Cambria math in the equation format is not too different from
    > Calibri
    > and so the mix will have to do. Basically I don't have the time or the
    > money
    > to go chasing and experimenting on this. But the outcome it is not quite
    > fully prpofessional is it? Regards, thanks again

    Actually it is. By using a slightly different font for your equations, you
    give a visible clue as to what parts of a sentence are actually variables in
    your equation and should be interpreted as such by the reader. So using a
    different font for your equations actually enhances the readability of the
    document.

    Yves

    Yves Dhondt, Aug 12, 2009