    transforms to do one the data before it is dumped in...
    Is there an easy/good way to do that?

    thanks!!

    Andrewrccl, May 12, 2008

  2. Andrewrccl

    Klatuu Guest

    One way is to link to the spreadsheet as if it were a table. Then use an
    append query that can do the data transformation and append records to your
    Access tables at the same time.

    It may be necessary to use recordset processing to do this if the
    transformation can't be done with SQL. But, avoid using any make table or
    temporary tables as they are big contributers to database bloat.
    --
    Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

    Klatuu, May 12, 2008