    Thanks for any advices

    --
    H. Frank Situmorang

    Frank Situmorang, Apr 20, 2008

  2. You cannot convert an MDE. You need the original MDB files. That said, you
    can install into different directories.
    --
    Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
    http://www.datastrat.com

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Apr 20, 2008

  3. Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install MSOffice200
    in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it possible. The purpose
    is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2 kind of MDE (ver.2000 and
    ver.2002) because I know we must convert mdb to the same version.

    Thanks in advance

    --
    H. Frank Situmorang

    Frank Situmorang, Apr 20, 2008
  4. Frank Situmorang

    Rick Brandt Guest

    Frank Situmorang wrote:
    > Thanks Arvin for your response. What I meant is I want to install
    > MSOffice200 in addtion to MSOffice 2002 in my computer now. Is it
    > possible. The purpose is so that I can covenrt my orginal mdb into 2
    > kind of MDE (ver.2000 and ver.2002) because I know we must convert
    > mdb to the same version.

    I have 5 different versions installed. Just put them in different folders
    and make sure that each subsequent install doesn't remove any version
    already in place.

    --
    Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
    Email (as appropriate) to...

    Rick Brandt, Apr 20, 2008
  5. why? 5 versions? Are you for real?

    I used to work for a company that had virtual machines for Access 97
    development.. (because it was a maintenance nightmare).
    I think that virtual machines is a lot better than one dev machine
    with 5 instances.

    I just hate getting prompted for CDs every time I launch it.. lol..
    Seems to me like someone in Redmond should have tested this before
    selling it to us.

    -Aaron

    a a r o n . k e m p f @ g m a i l . c o m, Apr 20, 2008
  6. To make a 2002 MDE from a 2000 MDB, you can convert within the 2002 version,
    but if you do need to make both MDEs, you must install them both. That is no
    problem as long as you install into different directories.

    Be careful, because the typical install wants to overwrite the existing
    version. You must be alert and not just click "Next" without careful
    reading.

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Apr 22, 2008
  7. Arvin:

    For ver 2000, yes it asks for folder, so I put it in other folder, but for
    ver 2002 I have, it does not ask for folder, it overwrites the existing ,
    can you educate me how can I install ver 2002?,

    Thanks in advance
    --
    H. Frank Situmorang

    Frank Situmorang, Apr 23, 2008
  8. As I mentioned, you cannot accept the defaults or it will overwrite, you
    must create a new folder (I call mine OfficeXP) and tell the install to do a
    "Custom" install, not the "Typical" install. It will still overwrite Outlook
    because 2 versions of Outlook cannot exist on the same machine.

    Arvin Meyer [MVP], Apr 23, 2008