How can I set up Word for APA formatting?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Feb 20, 2006.

    Is there any way to set up word for APA formatting? (APA= American Psych
    Association)

    Guest, Feb 20, 2006

  2. garfield-n-odie [MVP], Feb 20, 2006

    Brenda Guest

    How can I setup APA reference page without completing each seperate

    Brenda, Oct 14, 2008

    p0 Guest

    On 14 okt, 05:53, Brenda <> wrote:
    > How can I setupAPAreference page without completing each seperate
    >

    > "vineson" wrote:
    > > Is there any way to set up word forAPAformatting? (APA= American Psych
    > > Association)

    You only posted half a message.

    If your intention was to ask if you had to complete each field in the
    Word 2007 bibliographic tool for every source, the answer is no. Word
    2007 tries to make a best-effort attempt at formatting whatever data
    you feed it.

    Yves

    p0, Oct 14, 2008

    spookieeyes Guest

    my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
    citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
    doing wrong.

    spookieeyes, Nov 30, 2008

    p0 Guest

    On 30 nov, 08:46, spookieeyes <>
    wrote:
    > my computer has the new edition but my instruction keeps telling me that the
    > citations are not being put in APA format . I have it set for APA what am I
    > doing wrong.

    If someone tells you your work is incorrect, you should ask them what
    is wrong with it. That way it would be a lot easier to fix any
    problems ...

    Some possible issues:
    1)The APA style is only for bibliographies, that is, the rest of the
    text will not be formatted according to the APA guidelines unless you
    use some kind of template.
    2)Microsoft does not set the indentation for APA bibliographies (and
    no that's not a bug). You should set the "Bibliography" paragraph
    style to hanging yourself.
    3)If you have multiple works by the same author(s) in the same year in
    your reference list, a suffix will not be added to the year but the
    title will be displayed instead. This is not correct according to APA
    guidelines and you will have to add the suffix manually to the year
    and suppress the title.

    Yves

    p0, Nov 30, 2008

    katdat Guest

    When I print the Bibliography it does not print all the authors. It only
    prints the first one and then the initial of the next author. Why is that?

    katdat, Feb 12, 2009

    katdat Guest

    Why doesn't the bibliography show all my authors? It only shows the first one.

    katdat, Feb 12, 2009

    p0 Guest

    Most likely because you use a style which shows only one author.

    If not, are you certain you entered the authors correctly? In the
    create/edit source dialog, make sure you use the edit button to enter
    the author names one by one. Otherwise authors could easily be
    misformatted. Once you figure out the correct use of ';' and ',', you
    can probably enter the authors without the edit dialog.

    Yves
    --
    http://bibliography.codeplex.com

    p0, Feb 12, 2009

    HOW CAN I SET UP MY APA SETTING, Mar 3, 2009
  11. "vineson" wrote:

    > Is there any way to set up word for APA formatting? (APA= American Psych
    > Association)

    I need a cover page apa style

    Running Head: THE PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUES, Apr 18, 2009

    kcaise Guest

    I am having the same problem. Before upgrading to Windows 7 in Office 2007 I
    didn't have any problems with formatting issues in the bibliography and
    sources. Now, it only lists the first author regardless of how I enter the
    text in the fields. Did some update overwrite the way Office formats sources?

    kcaise, Jan 30, 2010