    the 2 column layout, which is maddening because I most frequently use the
    single column layout.

    Thanks!

    TJ, Jan 15, 2010

  2. TJ

    Echo S Guest

    This is highly unusual. In fact, usually people are asking how to get this
    to happen, not the other way around!

    Only thing I can think is that you added placeholders to the Title and
    Content slide so it looks like it's a 2-column layout.

    I'm happy to spend a minute or two looking at your file and see if I can
    spot anything. Email it to echos at indy dot net and include the text of
    your question post so I can remember what I'm looking at.

    Echo S, Jan 16, 2010

  3. TJ

    John Wilson Guest

    AFAIK when you add a new slide without specifying the layout you either get
    as Echo said single column text OR the last layout specified. Two column is
    then unusual!

    You can influence the layout of the first slide by saving a slide with that
    layout as Blank.potx, that might be worth a shot.
    --
    john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

    Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

    John Wilson, Jan 16, 2010
  4. TJ

    Filipe C Guest

    I was having the same problem and decided to tinker a little with the layouts' order in Show -> Master slide.

    I discovered that, in my case, the default was always the second layout in a given theme (think of it being the third slide in a presentation). I just swapped the layout I wanted for that one and it became the default layout.

    By looking that the included themes, it seems PowerPoint assumes the first layout will be the Title Slide, the second will be Title and Content, the third, Section Title and so on.

    So, although you can't specify which slide will be the default, it's a pretty sure bet to make the second layout the one you want to be the default.

    Hope this helps!

    FilipeC

    Filipe C, Oct 14, 2010