    trying to convert a website created in publisher 2007 to frontpage or
    expression web -- what can I save the file as to keep from having to recreate
    whole site.

    alex44, Feb 9, 2008

  2. Save the file as .htm. All FP or Expression Web can work with are the HTML
    code and the flattened images to put into it really. No web editor will
    handle a Publisher File so you'll have to export everything just as if you
    were having publisher create your final page.

    There's a problem though, Publisher creates horrible, horrible HTML code.
    Like similar tools, Publisher is designed for desktop publishing and not for
    web design. Hence, it produces horrible code just like the similar tools do.
    You may end up re-designing a lot of things in EW or FP anyways. You'll also
    want to check your publisher site in other browsers because there's a good
    chance it isn't going to be nice.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Feb 9, 2008

  3. alex44

    Ronx Guest

    The best you can do with a Publisher web page is start over.
    Open the page in Publisher, not a browser, and create a new page in
    FrontPage or Expression Web. Copy/paste large chunks of text from the
    Publisher page into you new FrontPage/EW page. Use the original
    graphics.
    Don't use a browser for the copy/paste since a lot of the text may
    actually be images (especially if your browser is FireFox or Opera).
    --
    Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

    http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

    Ronx, Feb 9, 2008