    how to format it so the drop down arrow stays.
    --
    Jenny

    Guest, Apr 25, 2007

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    You can't using data>validation, you can if you use a combobox from the
    control toolbox

    --
    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Peo Sjoblom, Apr 25, 2007

    How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007
    --
    Jenny

    Guest, Apr 25, 2007

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    Office button > Excel Options, make sure "Show Developer Tab" is selected.
    Click the Developer tab > Controls > Insert Combobox from the active x
    controls,
    right click the drop down and select properties, in that pane that opens.
    Put the range with your list in the
    listfillrange and the cell you want to link to. Click the design mode button
    to get out
    of design mode

    --

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    (Remove ^^ from email)

    Peo Sjoblom, Apr 26, 2007

    sparrot Guest

    I am not sure what you mean by "Put the range with your list in the
    > listfillrange and the cell you want to link to" I got to that part and am stumped.

    Thanks

    sparrot, May 6, 2008

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    If the range is A2:A150 then type that in the listfillrange (click in the
    box to the right of the word listfillrange
    and type it there then close the properties window)

    --

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Peo Sjoblom, May 6, 2008
  7. Hi Sparrot,

    Why not add a comment to the appropriate cells and show the comment. Or you
    could format the cells with a different color file or a border, then teach
    your users what those formats mean. You could even conditional format the
    cells to have a color until the user picks an entry from them.

    Cheers,
    Shane Devenshire

    Shane Devenshire, May 6, 2008

    Bonnie Guest

    OMG is everyone kidding? all you have to do is click on the cell you want to
    have the drop down box arrow appear then go to DATA on the menu toolbar and
    click FILTER then Click AUTO FILTER thats it. also make sure u highlight the
    information you want to appear in the drop down menu.

    Bonnie, May 16, 2008

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    You might want to check out the original post before you post something

    The OP asked

    "How do you create a combo box in Excel 2007"

    it has nothing to do with autofilter

    --

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Peo Sjoblom, May 16, 2008

    Bonnie Guest

    Yes i did and that wasn't the original post .. the original post was that she
    wanted the drop down box to be visible .. not just when she clicked on the
    cell she was on. The combo box was an answer to it then someone asked about
    the combo box.

    Bonnie, May 16, 2008

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    OK, explain to me how you would put a visible dropdown in cell A2, H10 and
    I20
    using autofilter? The OP said she put multiple dropdown boxes (using
    data>validation obviously)
    You cannot use autofilter for this

    --

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

    Peo Sjoblom, May 16, 2008

    L Guest

    How do I lock down the drop down list values so they don't change from the
    control box when selecting an entry?

    Your tip was spot on - big thxs

    L, Jun 5, 2008

    Xavier Guest

    Finally- someone who knows what the hell they are saying! BIG thanks from SD:)

    Xavier, Jun 26, 2008

    Kendra510 Guest

    How can you do this is Excel 2003?

    Kendra510, Jul 8, 2008

    Gord Dibben Guest

    View>Toolbars>Control Toolbox

    Click on the "Design Mode" Icon and draw your Combobox.

    Same instructions after that.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Jul 8, 2008
  16. Peo - you clearly know much more than me. Where is the "Office" button? I
    certainly don't see it in my Excel icons...

    MD
    Boston, MA USA

    Brainless_in_Boston, Jul 10, 2008
  17. That big circular button at the top left in xl2007 is the Office button.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Jul 10, 2008

    Sassy Guest

    How do I remove names from a drop down box?

    I'm using 2007 and it's not that easy for some crazy reason!

    Sassy, Jul 10, 2008

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Re: How do I remove names from a drop down box?

    Why not stick with original thread so's people can see what has been suggested
    and tried?

    Gord

    Gord Dibben, Jul 11, 2008

    Sassy Guest

    How Do I put items,(names)inside DV dropdown?

    I'm starting over from scratch....

    So How do I get my info inside the DV drop down list? If anyone knows
    please give me step by step instructions.

    Sassy, Jul 14, 2008