How can I get Excel to print dashes right across a cell

In Symphony and Lotus 123 one could press two keys and repeat a dash or
underline right across a cell however wide. Can you do this in Excel? If
so how?
Please

Douglas F Brown

Activate the "Transition Navigation Keys" checkbox:
Tools > Options > Transition (tab) > Transition Navigation Keys (check box)

Now the "old" method works ... meaning type the backslash key and repeat text:
eg, \- will display ---------
or, \abc will show abcabcabc

Douglas F Brown

Activate the "Transition Navigation Keys" checkbox:
Tools > Options > Transition (tab) > Transition Navigation Keys (check box)

Now the "old" method works ... meaning type the backslash key and repeat text:
eg, \- will display ---------
or, \abc will show abcabcabc

Jim Cone

You can also use a custom number format in the cell of: @*-
Entering a single quote mark ' or a dash - fills a dash across the entire cell.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
In Symphony and Lotus 123 one could press two keys and repeat a dash or
underline right across a cell however wide. Can you do this in Excel? If
so how?
Please

Gord Dibben

Enter a dash in the cell.