Let's say I have in in Sheet 1,Cell A1, a quantity of 10. In Sheet 2, rows
1-4, I have quantities listed in column B. My sumif formula pulls in the
total of 10 but I want to hover over Sheet 1 Cell A1 and see all the rows
from Sheet 2 rows 1-4.

Thanks for any input.

B

Bernie Deitrick

Eden,

You can't do that without a lot of VBA, but what you can do is select the cell, press F2, select the
cell references (the "Sheet2!B4:B24" part of the formula =SUMIF(Sheet2!B4:B24,">2") and press F9.
That will show you the values. Then press Escape when you are done, and the formula will revert
back to having a reference.

If you used a pivot table instead of SUMIF, then you could just double click the sum value and Excel
would create a new sheet with all the values that were used to create the sum.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

E

Eden397

Bernie Deitrick said:
Eden,

You can't do that without a lot of VBA, but what you can do is select the cell, press F2, select the
cell references (the "Sheet2!B4:B24" part of the formula =SUMIF(Sheet2!B4:B24,">2") and press F9.
That will show you the values. Then press Escape when you are done, and the formula will revert
back to having a reference.

If you used a pivot table instead of SUMIF, then you could just double click the sum value and Excel
would create a new sheet with all the values that were used to create the sum.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

I think I'd like to get into the VBA. Is there a good place to direct me to start this process? Thanks!

B

Bernie Deitrick

I think I'd like to get into the VBA. Is there a good place to direct me to start this process?
The Excel programming group would be the place.

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Ask a Question