hotspot and bookmark

Pam

I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within the artwork is a
'button' to click to bookmark the site - how can I incorporate the script
for bookmark on this 'button' with the hotspot tool? using fp2003

thanks

--
Blessings,
Pam

E Web Express - Web Design & Hosting
http://www.ewebexpress.com
TLC Naturally - Essential Oils & Home Made Goodies
http://www.tlcnaturally.com

Stefan B Rusynko

create the hotspot and add the script function call as the hyperlink in code view

--

| I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within the artwork is a
| 'button' to click to bookmark the site - how can I incorporate the script
| for bookmark on this 'button' with the hotspot tool? using fp2003
|
| thanks
|

| --
| Blessings,
| Pam
|
| E Web Express - Web Design & Hosting
| http://www.ewebexpress.com
| TLC Naturally - Essential Oils & Home Made Goodies
| http://www.tlcnaturally.com

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Just copy the part that calls the script to the hotspot. You must of
course do this in code view.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Pam

ok...I'm sorry, I've tried several things and they don't seem to be
working - the artwork is a big picture, I can hotspot the two icons in the
picture that simply need an email address and a url address...but I can't
find where to put the java script for the bookmarking feature? When I draw
the hotspot and then look at the code, I can see where the email address and
the url address are, and when I type in <area href="inserted script code
here> it doesn't work, it tries to open a new page.

please tell me where/how I can put in the script to link to the hotspot

thanks!

--
Blessings,
Pam

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
Just copy the part that calls the script to the hotspot. You must of
course do this in code view.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: hotspot and bookmark
Subject: hotspot and bookmark

I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within
the artwork is a 'button' to click to bookmark the site - how
can I incorporate the script for bookmark on this 'button'
with the hotspot tool? using fp2003

thanks

--
Blessings,
Pam

E Web Express - Web Design & Hosting
http://www.ewebexpress.com
TLC Naturally - Essential Oils & Home Made Goodies
http://www.tlcnaturally.com

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

How exactly does it look.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: hotspot and bookmark

I have a client that has sent me his own artwork and within
the artwork is a 'button' to click to bookmark the site - how
can I incorporate the script for bookmark on this 'button'
with the hotspot tool? using fp2003

thanks

--
Blessings,
Pam

E Web Express - Web Design & Hosting
http://www.ewebexpress.com
TLC Naturally - Essential Oils & Home Made Goodies
http://www.tlcnaturally.com

Pam

I got it - thanks - ended up doing this:

I did find this script on line after hours and hours of searching and it
did work - the script was in head:

<script>
function AddToBookmarks (url,title) {
window.external.AddFavorite(url,title); }
</script>

in map link: I added the info to the shape info

<area href="javascript:AddToBookmarks(self.location.href,window.title)"
shape="rect" coords="36, 375, 168, 414">

its on http://www.lincolncountymagazine.com/ and it works great!
easy too - in case anyone else needs this thing figured out easily!

--
Blessings,
Pam

How exactly does it look.