Hotmail to Outlook impossible without subscription?

Reaction score
Hi there - this is also my first time on this forum so I hope I am going about this the right way....

I am trying to setup Oulook to link to Hotmail but keep getting an error message saying that this can only be done with a subscription to Hotmail. I have followed directions to the Windows Live site to pay for a subscription but this is only available to US residents - I'm UK.

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup this link without a subscription or to pay a subscription in the UK?

Thanks James

Reaction score
pinsandneedles said:
Hi there - this is also my first time on this forum so I hope I am going about this the right way....

I am trying to setup Oulook to link to Hotmail but keep getting an error message saying that this can only be done with a subscription to Hotmail. I have followed directions to the Windows Live site to pay for a subscription but this is only available to US residents - I'm UK.

Does anyone know if it's possible to setup this link without a subscription or to pay a subscription in the UK?

Thanks James

There is a UK version of Hotmail - www.Hotmail.co.uk. I have not had any problem, mind you, I have Outlook 2003 and I had Hotmail accounts set up already.

Reaction score
I have Oulook 2003 too. I think they may have changed the access rules since Windows Live Beta became available.

When did you make link up using Hotmail? Recently?

Ask a Question