Horizontal Data arranged Vertically

DoooWhat

I have searched some of these posts, but nothing quite works the way I
want it to. I can't really get the TRANSPOSE function to work.

I have a large list of data in one sheet that moves horizontally. I
want to drag a formula down the left-most column in a separate sheet
that references the horizontal data set (ex. B1:AE1). The data in
question is a set of dates. I want those dates to be listed
vertically on the new page.

Something alone these lines should work fine ..

Assuming horizontal source data in Sheet1's B1:AE1

In Sheet2,
Put in any starting cell, eg in B2:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$1:$AE$1,ROW(A1))
Copy B2 down as far as required