HOOKING MS OFFICE FILE OPEN SAVE DIALOG

• Thread starter Juggernaut Juggernaut
  • Start date
J

Juggernaut Juggernaut

Hello ,

I am trying to do the following information from File/Open save dialog of Microsoft Office 2000/2003/2007

1.Retrieve the currently displayed/selected folder path and also the file name that is selected if any.

2. Retrieve the selected file path, when the user clicks the open or save button.

3.Set a pre-defined string path within the file-name combo box.

I have been able to do the above task in case of File /Open save common controls dialog(used by WordPad ,Notepad, Acrobat Reader etc. ) by using the dialog functions depicted in MSDN. But it is not working with Microsoft Office Dialog and I have found no MSDN documentation that depicts the internal messages of Microsoft Office Dialogs.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks and regards,

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com

B

Bill Sharpe

Juggernaut said:
Hello ,

I am trying to do the following information from File/Open save dialog of Microsoft Office 2000/2003/2007

1.Retrieve the currently displayed/selected folder path and also the file name that is selected if any.

2. Retrieve the selected file path, when the user clicks the open or save button.

3.Set a pre-defined string path within the file-name combo box.

I have been able to do the above task in case of File /Open save common controls dialog(used by WordPad ,Notepad, Acrobat Reader etc. ) by using the dialog functions depicted in MSDN. But it is not working with Microsoft Office Dialog and I have found no MSDN documentation that depicts the internal messages of Microsoft Office Dialogs.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks and regards,

EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Not a hardware problem. Try an Office newsgroup.

Bill

D

DL

The default locations for Office are accessible in an Office component under
Tools>Options, as I recollect

Ask a Question