home password change

RS

I have a home user who has begun getting his account locked out. He's been
running fine for over a year and it just happened. He is logging in using a
different password than he does at the office....but that has never been a
problem. Either way, I figured might as well make sure it isn't the problem
now.

He's on Win2000 and uses the MS vpn to connect. He uses the new password to
log onto the vpn and Outlook (Exchange). What is the easiest way to allow
him to use his real(newer) password when he logs into the actual home PC at
startup? To get in, he has to use the old password....how do I get that PC
to recognize the new one as being the correct one?

Thanks

Head Hunter

After he is logged into the Win2000 PC, hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, select Change
Password, and follow the prompts to change it his new password.

Matt Hickman

RS said:
He's on Win2000 and uses the MS vpn to connect. He uses the new password to
log onto the vpn and Outlook (Exchange). What is the easiest way to allow
him to use his real(newer) password when he logs into the actual home PC at
startup? To get in, he has to use the old password....how do I get that PC
to recognize the new one as being the correct one?

I'm assuming his home machine is not part of a domain.

Sounds like you want him to change his local account password on
his home machine to be the same as his work password.

CTRL-ALT-DEL
at the Task Manager window, Click Change Password button.
type in current local password and work password in appropriate fields
type work password again in the Confirm New Password field.
Click OK.

or at the command prompt:

net user <username> <work password>

RS