Holidays

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Enough talk of illness( other thread for the hypocondriacts amongst us) , what we all need is a good old fashioned pick me up ..a Holiday..I have probably had 1 week off this year coz of work, so have booked a week in Cornwall for middle July and a week in Guernsey (Early August) visiting the islands top planners (male/female) who happen to be my wifes best friends ( married into Uni masters fraternity , full accom and car hire for free) so no more depression for a while just thoughts of sun sea and beer (damn gout ) white wine then coz thats good :).
What has everyone else got planned ?. Oh and me and Aaron (4) gonna play some golf as he has his own minature set lol lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Me and my crew are of to Madrid this wekend to see Michelle's parents, (her been Spanish), but that's something we do every 2 months...Our next holiday is to go to South Africa and see my folks in June..Its there 60th wedding doda, and me and Michelle have been, but the sprogs have neer been...Should be good, then me next holiday is more of a working holiday, one of my brothers mates has just purchased a pub in L.A which needs tarting up, He is only allowes into it in about September once all the legal sh*te has gone through.. I might be there for about 2 months..Gonna be strange been away from her and the kids for so long, but could also be a good break...lol..I love them really...:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure where or when yet because it's been so busy this year, but now that Beckys exams are out of the way we'll be looking in to it this weekend :) France is an option, as neither of us have been there for almost 10 years and it should be warm!

Sounds like you've both got something good planned :D You've picked a good time to go away Rush, the weather will hopefully be great in July/Aug!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
What was great about the Guernsey hol was that the wife went on the website of Air Aurigney when they released there timetable and costs...all were the same so we had the choice of dates and we decided that if we dont get a good weather week in the first week of August then we never will..so i`m in the firing line in case of downpours :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not been ther yet, been to Jersey, but have herd it is brilliant..Fingers crossed you have good sun shine.....................:thumb::thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'm off to the forrest on the 5th June ... I'm taking me camera, I got loads of space on picasa. :nod: :p :D

:wave:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Erm, nowt for me. Last real holiday I had was in Tenerife in either 2004 0r 2005, can't remember.

Last decent break I had was Glastonbury Festival 2007 which was, quite frankly, awful because of the rain.

I may go visit Jill shortly (her of the farm/tractor thread) but I've no plans to go anywhere, really.

It's kinda awkward for me because eating away from home can be problematic (the dry mouth syndrome after radiotherapy) and also cos, well, I'm on me own and going on holiday with another male could be viewed as a little iffy if you're a straight guy.

And I really don't enjoy solo holidays.

So unless I meet somebody or a whole bunch of guys decide to visit Amsterdam or somewhere with a group visit, I ain't going nowhere, really :(