HKEY_CURRENT_USER error importing

G

I am trying to set policies for Domain Users through login scripts editing the registry. A normal domain user does not have priveleges to edit this portion of the registry. How can I accomplish this? Thanks for your help!

M

Mark V

In said:
I am trying to set policies for Domain Users through login scripts
editing the registry. A normal domain user does not have
priveleges to edit this portion of the registry. How can I
accomplish this? Thanks for your help!

Use _real_ policies. If you have a Domain (and AD?) use the Domain
(global) policies and skip the pain and suffering. :)

OTOH if it not a Policy item, provide more details.

M

Mark V

In said:
I am trying to set policies for Domain Users through login scripts
editing the registry. A normal domain user does not have
priveleges to edit this portion of the registry. How can I
accomplish this? Thanks for your help!

Use _real_ policies. If you have a Domain (and AD?) use the Domain
(global) policies and skip the pain and suffering. :)

OTOH if it not a Policy item, provide more details.

G

AD does not give you the option to edit preferences under HKCU. Options such as background color. I am trying to establish a common desktop on 600 computers. I found the answer in an earlier posting by Richard. He asked "How to distibute.reg file to W2k Pro users with no admin priv." The answer was in AD. Distribute the file using 'Use GPO -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Scripts -> Startu
Place your script there. Scripts starting with machine settings use SYSTEM account'
Thanks for you input! :)

G

AD does not give you the option to edit preferences under HKCU. Options such as background color. I am trying to establish a common desktop on 600 computers. I found the answer in an earlier posting by Richard. He asked "How to distibute.reg file to W2k Pro users with no admin priv." The answer was in AD. Distribute the file using 'Use GPO -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Scripts -> Startu
Place your script there. Scripts starting with machine settings use SYSTEM account'
Thanks for you input! :)

Ask a Question