Highlighting problem

Reaction score
For the past week or so I have had a problem highlighting whether it be a phrase. I have MS Word 2003 and use Logitech Trackman mouse. When I go to highlight a phrase, it will highlight part of the phrase and then unhighlight instantly whether I take my finger off the mouse or not. I may have to do this several times before I can get it to highlight the whole phrase. Also, at times the page will instantly jump to the bottom without my doing anything and I will use my mouse to go back the part of document I was working in. This may do this a couple of times in a matter of seconds. Don't know if this is my mouse, Word or my Dragon Naturally Speaking suddenly interfering. As I said, this just started about a week or so ago and have been using all of these for a couple of years now. Any help would be appreciated

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep, could be the mouse ... as they are cheap enough to buy a 'standby mouse' I would try it and see.

Try using the 'shift+cursor' keys to highlight and see if it does the same thing. :thumb:

Reaction score
Will give that a try later today. I just happened to purchase another Trackman a couple of months ago because my ball was acting a bit stiff even after I cleaned it. After a few days it was okay, thought maybe there was too much humidity in the house causing it to drag and then it was okay. Will try the new mouse later today or tomorrow and let you know. Appreciate your advice.

Ask a Question