High Demanding dx9 games choke in vista???

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Games' started by Alienware2, Jun 13, 2008.

  1. Alienware2

    Alienware2 Guest

    Ok THE ONLY reason why i still have vista rather than having Mandriva 2008
    Spring have the whole hard drive is that i need to play certain games that
    won't run on wine/cedega, but of course vista fails at being a gamer os as
    well.

    I am trying to run Sim City Societies, and the game fails to play past 5
    minutes, because of a c++ runtime error, lock up, graphical freeze up and
    etc.....

    I found that ATI and Nvinda dx10 cards have the SAME issues.My geforce 8800
    gt does a great job with Sim City Societies on xp, but in vista sp1, it
    chokes.This is vista sp1, not the game, and i have a lot of proof, and many
    high demanding 9x games vista struggles with, yes crysis runs great, but that
    is dx10.I been contacting support from the game company for a while now, and
    they been telling me basically that microsoft or nvinda need an update to fix
    the high demanding 9x games on vista problem, because again, the game works
    perfectly fine in xp.And this game worked fine in vista without sp1, once sp1
    the game just went in the hellhole.I don't know what sp1, maybe it is
    microsoft's evil plan to destroy applications?I don't know, but i DEMAND a
    fix.If i don't, i will be donating money to the opensource community and
    maybe wine can get SCS to run with my money.

    Alienware2, Jun 13, 2008

  2. Alienware2

    Andy [YaYa] Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpZW53YXJlMg==?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > Ok THE ONLY reason why i still have vista rather than having Mandriva
    > 2008 Spring have the whole hard drive is that i need to play certain
    > games that won't run on wine/cedega, but of course vista fails at
    > being a gamer os as well.
    >
    > I am trying to run Sim City Societies, and the game fails to play past
    > 5 minutes, because of a c++ runtime error, lock up, graphical freeze
    > up and etc.....
    >
    > I found that ATI and Nvinda dx10 cards have the SAME issues.My geforce
    > 8800 gt does a great job with Sim City Societies on xp, but in vista
    > sp1, it chokes.This is vista sp1, not the game, and i have a lot of
    > proof, and many high demanding 9x games vista struggles with, yes
    > crysis runs great, but that is dx10.I been contacting support from the
    > game company for a while now, and they been telling me basically that
    > microsoft or nvinda need an update to fix the high demanding 9x games
    > on vista problem, because again, the game works perfectly fine in
    > xp.And this game worked fine in vista without sp1, once sp1 the game
    > just went in the hellhole.I don't know what sp1, maybe it is
    > microsoft's evil plan to destroy applications?I don't know, but i
    > DEMAND a fix.If i don't, i will be donating money to the opensource
    > community and maybe wine can get SCS to run with my money.

    Oooo, you DEMAND, you go girl. I'm sure all caps will get their
    attention.

    Dude, it's the game. New OS, old pre-OS game equals fail. You should
    talk to the game developers (forget who made the game, but it wasn't
    Maxis). If you're a band and you're playing a gig and your Guitar breaks
    a string, you replace the string, you don't demand the venue owners
    rebuild the stage.

    A C++ error is a coding error, with the game. I love Lin*x and all it's
    wonderful itterations, but until they get game developers to take more
    of a risk with the hundreds of Linux Distros that make up a fairly low
    percentage of non-server systems out there (gaining though, thanks to
    Apple), I think you're SOL. Coming from Gaming QC I'm glad I never had
    to work on a Linux version of anything. The most difficult test I had to
    run was BF2 64-bit linux server.

    --
    -A.

    Andy [YaYa], Jun 13, 2008

  3. Alienware2

    Alienware2 Guest

    I did talk to thegame developers , they said it is a vista issue.Its not
    ONLY this game, there are MANY others.This game came out after vista, so it
    doesn't use older coding, and it worked great on vista without sp1, sp1 it
    went down the drain, and so did many applications.

    Well this isn't just 1 little crack in the stage, there are MANY cracks in
    the stage.Are you going to drive on a road that has a ditch in it?I don't
    think so.

    Alienware2, Jun 13, 2008
  4. Alienware2

    Andy [YaYa] Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpZW53YXJlMg==?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > I did talk to thegame developers , they said it is a vista issue.Its
    > not ONLY this game, there are MANY others.This game came out after
    > vista, so it doesn't use older coding, and it worked great on vista
    > without sp1, sp1 it went down the drain, and so did many applications.
    >
    > Well this isn't just 1 little crack in the stage, there are MANY
    > cracks in the stage.Are you going to drive on a road that has a ditch
    > in it?I don't think so.

    If that was the case then there'd be a lot more complaining from me.
    There's only 1 or 2 games that I've come across that Vista doesn't like and
    I haven't been motivated enough to tweak Vista properly to get them going,
    but I hear other people have little problems getting them going (Syndicate
    and DK1/2). Never had an issue with SP1 RC1 or Release, sorry you're
    running into so many issues.

    I jump ditches. Dukes of Hazard, represent!

    --
    -A.

    Andy [YaYa], Jun 16, 2008
  5. Alienware2