Hide Drives

sen

I want to hide individual drives from explorer and all other programs for
that matter. How can I do this?

sen

are U sure I am positve I have seen this done else where I just cant find
the link at the moment.
: You can't hide this though.
:
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

sen

are U sure I am positve I have seen this done else where I just cant find
the link at the moment.
: You can't hide this though.
:
: Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

sen

And what does your previous post have to do with hiding a drive.

sen

And what does your previous post have to do with hiding a drive.

sen

What are U talking about when have i posted trash or smart ass answers.
: Hello,
:
: >And what does your previous post have to do with hiding a drive.
: Nothing at all. It has to do with "your" thinking you're hiding with
: different names after you've posted trash or smart ass answers elsewhere
: around these newsgroups.
:
: I was just letting you know you're not as invisible as you might think
: you are, and remember, you can be erased too!

sen

What are U talking about when have i posted trash or smart ass answers.
: Hello,
:
: >And what does your previous post have to do with hiding a drive.
: Nothing at all. It has to do with "your" thinking you're hiding with
: different names after you've posted trash or smart ass answers elsewhere
: around these newsgroups.
:
: I was just letting you know you're not as invisible as you might think
: you are, and remember, you can be erased too!

anonymous

You can't hide this though.

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

anonymous

You can't hide this though.

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

anonymous

Hello,
And what does your previous post have to do with hiding a drive.
Nothing at all. It has to do with "your" thinking you're hiding with
different names after you've posted trash or smart ass answers elsewhere
around these newsgroups.

I was just letting you know you're not as invisible as you might think
you are, and remember, you can be erased too!

anonymous

Hello,
And what does your previous post have to do with hiding a drive.
Nothing at all. It has to do with "your" thinking you're hiding with
different names after you've posted trash or smart ass answers elsewhere
around these newsgroups.

I was just letting you know you're not as invisible as you might think
you are, and remember, you can be erased too!

sen

thx

: Do it in Group Policy for user
:
:
: : > I want to hide individual drives from explorer and all other programs
for
: > that matter. How can I do this?
: >
: >
:
:

sen

thx

: Do it in Group Policy for user
:
:
: : > I want to hide individual drives from explorer and all other programs
for
: > that matter. How can I do this?
: >
: >
:
:

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)

sen said:
I want to hide individual drives from explorer and all other programs for
that matter. How can I do this?

Hi

Hide Drives in My Computer

GPO reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gp/239.asp

You should combine it with this one as well:

Prevent Access to the Contents of Selected Drives

It is the same as this Group Policy setting:

Prevent access to drives from My Computer
(User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows
Explorer)

GPO reference:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/gp/340.asp

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Torgeir Bakken (MVP)