hiberfil.sys

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Administration' started by Steve T, Apr 18, 2009.

  1. Steve T

    Steve T Guest

    I know there's a way to turn off hibernate and stop this file from being
    created. I did a new install and now can't figure it out. I already have
    my power plan, advanced, sleep, never on all sleep options. I tried to
    manually delete the file and it won't let me. I don't think I had this
    problem before and don't know what's different this time around. I have
    admin privileges. There have been more than 1 funky things happened since
    the new install. It's almost like a different OS. I have admin rights, but
    sometimes it's as if I don't. I can't see for example a hidden folder in
    program data. I have selected for folder views to show hidden files and
    unchecked hide system files etc. I installed IconViewer which I used
    before. It worked great. It adds an extra tab to file properties named
    icons (If the file type has icons associated with it) and allows you to
    change it. I have installed, uninstalled, installed. It just doesn't work.
    It's a really basic program/add-on. Anyone, please help.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit
    Internet Explorer v7
    Office 2007 SP1 Home and Student
    Outlook 2007 Standalone

    ESET Smart Security

    Steve T, Apr 18, 2009

  2. Steve T

    Steve T Guest

    Steve T, Apr 18, 2009

  3. right click on the drive (C:)
    Properties >> disc cleanup
    for all users
    select hibernation file cleaner, be sure to read the comments.

    Michael

    Michael Walraven, Apr 19, 2009
  4. How to disable and re-enable hibernation on a computer that is running
    Windows Vista:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920730

    --
    Regards,

    Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop Experience]
    Supporting Windows® 7, Vista & XP http://www.winhelponline.com

    Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP, Apr 19, 2009